Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

WBT National Convention Day 1

I have 3 words for you -OMB: Oh My Brain! Today was the first day of this year's Whole Brain Teaching National Convention in Pineville, Louisiana. Why did I put off going for the last couple of years?!?! I've had the opportunity to meet Mr. Chris Biffle, aka Coach B, and spend the majority of the day learning from his modeling and teaching about WBT techniques.



Coach B and I just before the start of the conference.


I also spent the day partnering with my new Whole Brain buddy from Kentucky, Donna, of Mrs. Slatton's Kindergarten. She's a newer WBT blogger and I happened to check her blog through a post on the WBT website. I had no idea that my reading last night about her adventure of arriving in Louisiana would make a connection for us this morning when we ended up sitting near each other. Now that's what I call ccrraaaazzyyy!

I'm so worn out but at the same time I'm so excited about tomorrow. Sleep might be a hard to get tonight because I can't wait to learn and experience more WBT!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that you get to be at the conference! I have been implementing whole brain teaching in my classroom for 3 years now and LOVE it. Definitely will be coming back to look through all your WBT techniques and pictures you have posted! Enjoy the rest of the conference! :)

    Amanda
    Ms. Wilkie's Second Grade Class

    ReplyDelete