Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

April Currently

I'm jumping on the Currently bandwagon!

Oh' boy fourth grade

For months I've seen these on blogs I follow and I wondered about how to join in. Thanks to Albuquerque Amy's tutorial I'm able to post my first one!





Listening: It's 6:00pm, so that means local news time! I like watching to see what happening in my state.

Loving: It's our week off for spring break/Easter. We (the kids, parents and I) all needed this week long break!

Thinking: My tummy says it's time for something good. Microwave cheeseburger helper to the rescue.

Wanting: Before our break, we took our IOWA tests. I'm not sure how well my kiddos did, but I hope they show improvements from their scores last year.

Needing: So about 2 weeks ago, I went to the doctor for a sinus infection. A shot and 10 days of antibiotics later I'm still fighting what's left of a cough. It's really annoying and just needed to go away!

Advice: If you haven't heard of Whole Brain Teaching, you should check it out! Live webcasts are held on Monday nights at www.wholebrainteaching.com and feature Chris Biffle, aka Coach B, presenting lessons and techniques while offering live help and advice. Though this year has been a rough one for me because of things beyond my control, I truly believe in WBT and how it can really help students.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to whole brain teaching. I want to learn more about it this summer!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to find your blog through Currently. I'm a new follower; I have tried out some WB ideas this year, plan to learn more for next year.

    Julie
    Math is Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE using Whole Brain Teaching! I didn't realize there were live webcasts though. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete