Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

May Currently

I'm linking up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade's Farley for the Currently. Here's what is currently in May for me!


Listening: I happened to be running through the channels and caught the beginning of The Ron Clark Story starring Matthew Perry. It's based on a true story about a teacher trying to inspire a class of kids in New York City.

Loving: The recent arctic blast has dropped the temps here down, and I for one do not mind. Summer weather and heat will be here soon enough!

Thinking: There seems to be so much to do in the next few weeks. I still have one last test to make, my Candy Bar Awards ballots to count and get ready (more about that coming soon), and I haven't even started on the end of the year class video!

Wanting: The sap has risen and is starting to boil! Having such a long stretch between Easter break and the end of the year is taking it's toll on everyone. Just 3 more weeks!

Needing: So I have a tendency to procrastinate when it comes to things for me. I've been known to go for several months without getting a haircut. At this time, it's been almost 2 months...I think. Last time around, I cut a lot off and I think for my next visit I might so go for broke and get it much, much shorter!

Summer Bucket List: My first month off is just a little busy, all in the same week. I'll be going to the Whole Brain Teaching National Conference in Pineville, LA. Last year was such an awesome experience so I made sure I could go again. Then at the end of that week I'll be taking in the bright lights of Sin City. Beachbody has it's Coaches Summit in Las Vegas. I'll be attending for the first time and I'm a little nervous about it since I'll be flying for the first time since 2000!




3 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear more about your candy awards. I want to do something extra special for my students this year. They've been my best group in 8 years and I want to show them that!

    I'm also guilty of neglecting my hair. My hairdresser has said that teacher's tend to see him less frequently than all other clients. Some days I am sure my hair is sticking up straight all day and I'm too busy to notice. I think I've become that teacher. :-)

    Mrs. O
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie! I had to watch it in my Adolescent Psychology class a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought back to it several times while student teaching at an inner city middle school this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I think that it's funny you are happy with the cooler weather and I am hating it. I finally started making an appointment every six weeks when I get my hair done!
    I am a new follower through Farley!
    Tammy
    First Grade @ Storybook Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete