Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

June Currently

I can't believe June is here already! For those of us in the south, it signals the start of hurricane season. More importantly, it means I know I'm on summer vacation! To celebrate, here's my addition to Farley's Oh' Boy 4th Grade June Currently.



Listening: My alma mater, Louisiana State University, is hosting a regional in the collegiate baseball playoffs. While I haven't been to a game in the new Alex Box Stadium, I can say that I went to one in the old one before it was torn down.

Loving: I just got a new flat screen TV for my living room. The old one I had, a hand-me-down from my family, became possessed last week. First, it turned on by itself. Then, it was running through the stations on the set without me touching anything! Not even unplugging it for almost a whole day helped. This new one has great sound and an awesome picture!

Thinking: There's a new Whole Brain Teaching book club blog and the first reading assignment has been given. We're reading and discussing the new WBT book shown below.



Click the book to go to the WBT book club.

It's available on Amazon in print and, more recently, in Kindle formats. After having read the first 2 chapters, I'm tasked with writing 250 words about it. Kinda hard to do while being distracted by that baseball game. :)


Wanting: I'm on a kick with these New Orleans famous Sno-Balls To Go! They are so yummy! You can find them at stores in some southern states. I'm enjoying a wedding cake one, but I really wish I had spearmint, which is my favorite flavor.  

Needing: There's an overflowing basket of clothes I haven't washed in over a week. Guess I need to stop procrastinating tomorrow and get at least some of them washed!
3 Vacay Essentials: I think my choices are self-explanatory. I'll be taking a trip with my best friend in a few weeks which means I'll have to fly. The last time I was on a plane was in college and that was over 10 years ago, so I'm just a little bit nervous. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading more about whole brain. I'm your newest follower. Have a great summer!!!
    http://oceansofteachingideas.blogspot.com/2013/06/yay-currently-with-farley.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started WBT in my class this year and I LOVE it! I will have to check out that book!
    I am your newest follower.
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the new TV is doing well! I'm wondering what a wedding cake flavored Sno-Ball tastes like. Is it good? Good luck getting the laundry done. Have fun on your trip this summer!

    Amy
    Eclectic Educating

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried out some WBT toward the end of school in my history classes with 5th grade-they loved it and I loved it!

    Maybe you could come up with some gestures for the baseball game and write about that! :)

    I start the National Writing Project on Monday so I will be writing A LOT! I feel your pain!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com


    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out that WBT thing. Sounds interesting.
    cheers
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete