Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Late December Currently

Hello blogging friends! I've been so busy with school work and prep for the mid-terms that we've been taking this week, I haven't been around much. For a little holiday fun, one of our student organizations held a door decorating contest. Here's what it looked like.

Santa's come to my classroom!

The group that did my door was chosen as the winner! Santa's hat and face took 2-3 bags of cotton balls from what I heard. He even got a fireplace complete with a nice fire and stockings hung with care!


I missed getting my Currently for December in on time. So without further ado, here's my addition to Oh Boy 4th Grade blogger Farley's Currently.


 
 
 
Listening: I've discovered the Pandora app for my iPad and promptly added some holiday stations to the ones I already had. Jim Reeves songs Old Christmas Card, C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S, and Senior Santa Claus are just a few of the songs I look forward to hearing every year.
 
Loving: Tomorrow is the last day of mid-terms and last day until next year! Hello 2014!
 
Thinking: With the holidays here, I think about some of my good college friends and the fun times we had. While I haven't seen some of them in many years, they're in my thoughts.
 
Wanting: Now, I know you must be thinking I'm crazy for not having my tree up. I've been going back and forth with doing so. With my 2 young fur babies, I worry about them attacking the ornaments, lights, or just the tree itself.  Maybe I'll put it up since I'll be home more.
 
Needing: My house seems to get more of a wreck during the school year and with so many changes to my teaching position over the summer, I didn't get much cleaning done. New Year's resolution maybe??
 
Favorite Tradition: Sorry, I couldn't choose just one!
When my brother and I were little, my family started a tradition that the night our tree went up, Santa would visit and fill our stockings with one gift for us to open each day until Christmas. My mom still fills them when the tree is up! 

More recently, we gather after church on Christmas Eve to open gifts and watch a holiday classic - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! We can't help but laugh at Clark Griswold and his family.



2 comments:

  1. I am so late with my currently, I couldn't even link it! But I posted it anyway!
    I love your stocking idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Julie! I love how your classroom door turned out, it look awesome! I'm not sure if you've seen the "Homework" or "Sunshine Blog" posts floating around in your network but I nominated you through my post! If you would like to check it out and learn more you can visit my post at:
    http://misslwholebrainteaching.blogspot.ca/2014/01/catching-up-on-my-homework-sunshine.html

    Happy New Year!
    Miss L
    Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete