Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

January Currently

Happy New Year! It's hard to believe that it's 2014 already! I'm glad that the school year is already half over. This will be one that I will remember for its many changes and challenges.

To start the year off right, here's my January Currently link up with Oh Boy 4th Grade.




Most of my responses are self-explanatory this month. Here's a couple details.
 
Needing: I just got contacts last Saturday. I got fed up with cleaning eye glasses to get rid of spots or having them slide down my nose. It's been about 10 years since I last had them, so I'm still trying to master putting them in.

Memory/Tradition: When I was younger, we had gatherings at my parents' house on New Years. Friends and family would come for a night of food and fun. Since we've all grown up, I've mostly spend it at my home watching the count down shows. To help pass the time, I work on puzzles, which are usually a part of my Christmas gifts.

3 comments:

  1. Girlfriend! You should get Lasik! I had the thickest eyeglasses and then became allergic to contact lenses - the surgery saved my eyesight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet memory! We go to a party at my aunt's house. This year it was all about Win, Lose or Draw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geaux, Tigers! So funny that you linked up behind me because I am grew up in Louisiana, and my aunts and uncles all still live there. We visit often! I remember those warmer winters and longed for snow. My neighbors hate it because they grew up with it, but I embrace the snow and play in it just like the kids! Living in the mountains with big hills helps too. I saw you posted that you had bus duty in 20 degree weather this week. Next week one of the days our HIGH is 17! Yikes! Hoping for a snow day then too!

    Stay warm!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete