Hello blogging friends! It's hard to believe how fast the summer is going. July is already here so it's time for this month's edition of Farley of Oh Boy 4th Grade's July Currently. I just missed getting in the top 10 of the link-up!
I've been able to get into my classroom whenever I want, so with moving rooms (again) I've tried to go at least once or twice a week. Since school starts in a little over a month, I'll probably be going a little more often. With that, there's been a lot of printing activities like task cards, making new binder covers, and the seemingly non-ending process of cut, laminate, cut, repeat....
A rock hit my windshield at one point several month ago. Everything was fine until the hot weather rolled in. Made that small crack go across most of the windshield. At least it isn't in my line of vision.
Whole Brain Teaching - If you haven't heard about it, check it out! I attended the WBT National Conference in Pineville, Louisiana for the 3rd year. Being that I'm a WBT Level 5 certified educator, I get to help by walking around and answering questions. Want to know more?
1) There's a Twitter chat on Tuesday night - #wbtchat
2) Facebook! Check out the main WBT page or the grade level pages (just search WBT and the grade level). There are individual pages for Kinder - 5th, middle school, high school, music, special education
3) The WBT website: www.wholebrainteaching.com, where you can get lots of FREE downloads, ask questions on the forum, and watch previous webcasts all by creating a FREE account.
4) Blogs: There are many WBT gurus who have blogs like mine. Below are just a few.
Nancy Stolenberg, WBT Director of Certification - http://nstoltenbergwbt.blogspot.com/
Sarah Meador, WBT middle school guru - http://wbtforme.blogspot.com/
5) WBT Book on Amazon (paperback or ebook): http://goo.gl/VKM7ML
Hope you have an amazing 4th of July holiday!