Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

June Currently

Hey everyone! It's been a while. I've had a year of ups and downs and it's going to be continuing as I'll be moving classrooms for the 6th time in my teaching career. I'll be trying to post more here, including details about the upcoming WBT national conference!  Here's my addition to the Currently link up!


Listening: I love Criminal Minds! There's an all day marathon on! Will be watching until Wen by ChazDean is on QVC! I love my Wen!

Loving: Summer is going to help me rest mentally and be ready for new challenges next year.

Thinking: With the move, I'll be setting up a different classroom. I'm pretty sure that I'll be using the Hollywood/movie theme I used in recent years.

Wanting: I've made a few TPT items in the last few months. Just a few days ago, I posted a glyph activity with the theme I plan on using. I'll probably make similar ones with other themes, so I'm up for suggestions on themes for them.

Needing: Maybe it's the summer thing, but I just seem not to have energy when I need it. Bedtime is later - midnightish, and wake ups are later and later.

Summer Bucket List: 1) Pineville, LA here I come! I'm so excited about the WBT national conference. This will be my 3rd time attending. There's nothing like a WBT conference, so if you get the chance, attend one!
2) One room in my house is almost completely taken over with all of my school materials! With the move up this year, the lower level things had to come home. They're really deep cleaning the rooms this summer, so what I did keep pretty much had to come, too. I'll be glad to move some of it back, but in the meantime, it's a big pile! At least my cats like sitting on top of the boxes!

Happy summer to all who are out. If you're not out yet, hang in there - summer is coming!


4 comments:

  1. What grade level are you moving to? I visited your classroom page and your cats are gorgeous. My girls would enjoy your boxes, also. Good luck with the move in the fall. Enjoy the WBT conference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be moving back down to elementary, unless things change between now and the time school begins in August.

      Delete
  2. I've moved rooms every year I've been teaching! I hate it, but love new things... It's kind of a catch 22! Hope it all goes smoothly for you :)

    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is exhausting moving rooms alot! This is my fifth year of teaching and I've moved 3 times! Although I agree with Erin, it does come with perks of you having new things to work with but, also with that comes new challenges! Good luck!!

    Jenn

    Teach.Love.Autism

    ReplyDelete