Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Currently September!

September is here and while for many school will be starting this week, I've been on the ground running with students since August 13. Without further ado, here's my addition to the September Currently linky by Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade
 



Tomorrow, I've got to email my weekly newsletter to my parents, decide on a new desk arrangement and accompanying seating chart, and wash clothes. Speaking of clothes, I wear khakis pretty much every day and mine have just about had it. I need to head to our school uniform supplier in town and get some.

I have more than 1500 books in my classroom library collection. Because of the orientation of my room now, I haven't been able to bring them all back to school. Last week, I ordered a double sided book cart that was on sale at Really Good Stuff for 50% off! It's at the post office waiting for me! I wish I would have made it back from school Friday in time to check the mail and get it.

My 3 trips: Nebraska because members of my family settled there back in the early 1900's before moving to Louisiana, NYC just to see the big city and bright lights, and Colorado because I'd like the chance to see some real snow. This southern girl has seen snow, but not REAL snow!

Hope everyone has a safe and blessed Labor Day holiday and best wishes to those starting school this week!

4 comments:

  1. You should DEFINITELY experience REAL SNOW at some point!! Good luck getting everything done tomorrow! That extra weekend day can make a big difference! :-)

    Real Teachers Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Northern Teacher...can't wait to find out some great new ideas on whole brain teaching. Great classroom setup! I start on Tuesday. I am excited. I have been to New York with one of my daughters...it is amazing. Never was to Nebraska or Colorado, but my daughter played in the softball world series there. I live where it snows, but don't ski. Good luck on your school travels this year!

    Renee at The Science School Yard

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is beautiful. Take it from someone who once lived in the snow, though...find someone who is comfortable driving in the snow. I would love to visit the snow again, but driving in it would terrify me!
    Hope you enjoy your last day of the 3-day weekend!
    Ryan
    The Disneyfied Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book cart you ordered sounds amazing! I love how many books you have for your classroom library. I am still building my collection.

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete