Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

First Day of 2014-15 Year!

Today was our first day of school, and things went great! We had a full day, so I was able to meet with both of my 3rd grade classes. For those interested, here's a list of Whole Brain Teaching pieces we covered.

5 Rules with gestures
Class-Yes
Scoreboard
It's cool!
3-peats for: Papers, Lines, Bodies Up (one group)
Ten finger woo (one group)

Amazing to think we got all that in plus PE, lunch, recess (I had duty!), sorting of supplies, and a slightly earlier end of day dismissal to ensure students got on the correct buses! Don't get me wrong, we do have some practicing to do with our rules recall as well as other procedures, but it's a good start.

I'm tired and I'd bet that some of my students are, too. No time to rest - I've got 34 notebooks tape the spirals on and that's just the first section!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm glad it went well for you Julie. Thanks for posting your 1st day accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your great first day! I'm looking forward to reading more about your experiences with WBT this year!

    ReplyDelete