Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

July Currently

Happy July! It's Currently linky time! Here's my addition to the popular monthly link up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade.




Listening: So yeah, I'm a WEN girl. My curly hair is soooo much better for it! It's been about 3 years and humidity doesn't wreck my hair as much anymore. I got the Winter Vanilla Mint in the gallon!

Loving: My sleep patterns get all wacky during the summer. I stay up til midnight but sleep til about 10am. Ah the single life!

Thinking: I just started planning for the coming year. With my new 4th grade social studies/science, there's a lot for me to do. Thankfully, I still have 3rd math and that I can teach easily!

Wanting: With all that planning to do I wish my room was finished. There's still a full bulletin board inside to do and more decorating out side to do!

Needing: I'm joining in some weekly blog posts about chapters from the newest Whole Brain Teaching book 122 Amazing Games! but I haven't finished this week's chapter yet. Eeeeek! Come back late Wednesday for that post - hopefully!!!

All Star: Helping others is what I picked because I love doing that online! I answer lots of WBT questions on the website forum and Facebook page. At the national conference, I walked around to help and explain things. Most summers I have my classroom and prep all done, so I offer to help my coworkers get their stuff done.




7 comments:

  1. I definitely do the same thing in the summer! Stay up way too late (what I'm currently doing) and sleep until 9 or 10! But, I figure we're up so early during the school year that we deserve a little of this! I love your all star idea, I need to research more about WBT it sounds fantastic from what I've seen so far! Enjoy your night!

    Jayme
    Teach Talk Inspire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WBT is so different from traditional teaching, but it's wonderful! Check out the website - www.wholebrainteaching.com, the WBT Facebook page, and the many blogs out there about WBT. Feel free to shoot an email to me with any questions you might have! juliegustin @wholebrainteaching.com (no spaces)

      Delete
  2. I have dabled with WBT the last few years. I use the rules and attention getters. This year I'd love to add more pieces. I've tried the scoreboard several times but I don't keep up with it - Yikes! I would love to do more "teach/okay" and try some of the games. I can't wait to come back and read your blog post on Wednesday! BTW, I taught 3rd grade math for 8 years... I miss it a lot even though I love teaching first now!
    Heather
    Kickin' It With Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Consistency is a problem for me and the Scoreboard, too! I need to work on that this year. Teach-Okay is so good for giving kids time to talk, review, create, and be active! You should look into the Super Improvers. Amazing way to celebrate the improvements of all students in all areas!

      Delete
  3. I love WBT! I just bought that book, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I can't wait to try the different games.

    Beth
    Adventures of a Schoolmarm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to learn more about WBT! Maybe I can send you some questions occasionally? Please follow me :)
    Amy Kotara
    writeondowntheline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can certainly send questions my way! Feel free to do so anytime!

      Delete