Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday Made It

For the first time, I'm joining in the Monday Made It linky from 4th Grade Frolics!



I've been out for summer almost a whole week already! The break tends to go by so fast and I even made my first summer visit to school to start putting my room back together from the end of the cleaning. While home, I've been working on a new project.





Brag tags - For a few years now, I've purchased brag tags for my kiddos for things like birthdays, Accelerated Reader and Math achievements and even holidays. I love how cute they are, but they're a bit expensive. After discovering that teachers have started creating their own, I decided to give it a try. Here's my first couple of sets:



Both pictures have a Welcome to ___ Grade - one for 3rd and one for 4th as I will be teaching both grades next year. I added a box at the bottom for numbers which I put in the first set already. Instead of writing the names of my students on each tag, I wrote numbers since I number them. This should make it easy to tell the tags apart.

There's also a couple of birthday tags. Since we don't allow birthday celebrations at my school, I like to recognize the students with a birthday on a school day. In the past, I've had a boy and a girl tag but since I made these myself, I decided to let them choose which version they want.

I'll be cutting, laminating, and hole punching these soon. The students will be putting them on binder rings until the end of the year when I'll give them a ball chain. I found the idea on a blog through Pinterest! That should be so much easier and faster for students to place their tags on!

Do you use brag tags? What kinds do you use? I'm planning on making some for AR/AM and for some WBT things like SuperSpeed Math, Super Improvers, and maybe even special class rules tags.



1 comment:

  1. Nice job! I am sure you students will enjoy them. There are so many ideas come to mind that the middle grades have to accomplish. You better get busy with times tables,spelling,etc. 😊

    ReplyDelete